Chief usher Willard M. Sistare and BSO Manager George E. Judd (right) stand in front of the tablet commemorating the gift of the Shed to the BSO by the Berkshire Symphonic Festival in 1946. On the ground is a locomotive bell presented to Tanglewood by Sistare to mark the Festival's 15th anniversary and to be used at concert time and after intermissions, ca. 1949.
These materials have been provided by the Boston Symphony Orchestra Archives to promote research and other fair use endeavors. Some items may still be protected by copyright. Non-commercial reproduction and non-derivative use is permitted, with attribution of the photographer and source. Reproduction and use of copyrighted materials for commercial purposes is expressly forbidden, unless permission is obtained from the copyright holder. Please contact the Boston Symphony Orchestra Archives for more information, and to verify the copyright status of materials.